Random Percussion Synthesizer
Bref, a compact synthesizer plugin, specializes in creating synthetic percussion sounds.
Utilizing a modified version of Ephemere's synthesis engine, Bref effortlessly produces a vast array of short, crisp metallic sounds.
The workflow of Bref is streamlined and intuitive:
- The plugin randomly generates a pair of sounds on startup.
- Trigger it with a MIDI note (the sound has a fixed pitch, making it easy to use the plugin inside drum racks for example).
- You can blend the sounds together using the MORPH knob (automating this knob can yield dynamic and interesting results).
- You can regenerate each sound individually by clicking on the A and B buttons.
- You can also regenerate the whole state of the plugin by clicking the dice button at the bottom.
- There is no preset system, but the state of the plugin is saved when you save a project in your host.
- The user interface can be resized by dragging the handle in the bottom right corner.
Free/Name Your Price
Multiple instances of Bref generate all the sounds in this demo.